Puzzle Time #1
Solve each of the following puzzles. Many are game related, including the final answer. The answers to some puzzles may be used in subsequent puzzles, so you will need to solve each puzzle in sequence to find the ultimate answer. If you are stuck on one, you may still be able to get the final answer, but you will have fewer clues. Good luck!
1. What am I talking about?
d8, FAVORED ENEMY, ANIMAL COMPANION, CAMOUFLAGE
2. In Carcassonne: The City, what is the only tile feature that can possibly score 4 points DURING play?
3. Find the missing word:
AFRICA AUTOMOBILE DAYS COUNTRY TEN
4. I am thinking of a number. It is the product of two PRIME numbers. The sum of these three values is 55. What number am I thinking of?
5. The following is a simple sum with all the digits replaced by letters. Figure out what digit is represented by each letter so that the sum is correct. Each letter is the same digit in all places. There is only one answer (clue: I = 2). Then find the word represented by the three digits 037.
ATTIA + YSTARI = DENIER
6. Find the missing word:
PAIR DIAMOND SOLITAIRE OPAL CLUSTER
7. Find the missing word in the following table? In place of #2 and #5, use the answers from puzzles #2 and #5, respectively.
8. What is the next number in the following sequence?
981 181 173 363 355 545 537 727 719 909 901 101 93 ?
9. What word can you make with all of the following letters?
10. Find the hidden clue in the following story.
Mr. Weathers sat in his old leather chair smoking his pipe. On the table next to him was a piece of uneaten toast and a butter knife. He wasn't hungry. A noise startled him. He wrenched his head to look. There was nothing there. His mind was playing tricks on him. He stared at the bookshelf across the room through the smoke and the dim light of a single candle. Upon that shelf--next to the lead crystal glasses--was a wooden case. Inside that case was his prize revolver. Tomorrow at sunrise, he planned to shoot his ex-partner for ruining a very lucrative business deal, then stick him in ground forever...
11. What board game contains the answers to #1, #3, and #9?
12. In a game about the Seven Years War, in what symbolic rectangular region is Braunschweig located?
13. What is the ISO Country Code (Internet suffix) of the answer to #11?
FINAL: What game do you get from the answers to #6, #7, #10, #12, #13, #8 and #4?