Friday, April 14, 2006

A Huge E-Slap to FFG

I'm still in the process of opening my new games from my latest order, and checking out all the cool bits, and making sure everything is included. Until today, I really thought that Around the World in 80 Days was going to be the worst box insert of all time.

Fantasy Flight Games outdid themselves again with Lord of the Rings - The Confrontation: Deluxe [sic] Edition. The 9x9 board swims freely in the 11x11 box. The ridiculously non-deluxe cardboard insert has barely enough room to hold the stands and the cards, yet the box is 75% air. There's also no place to store the punched out counters. Throw the insert out you say? Nay! It's glued to the bottom of the box!

Now, of course, someone at FFG actually designed this, and thought it was a good thing. And everyone at FFG saw the final results, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to ship it this way. If I worked there, I would have to quit out of sheer embarrassment. This is an unacceptable insert for any game, and certainly unacceptable for a "deluxe" version. To add insult to insult, my box insert was ripped, making the card storage portion useless.

So here's a huge e-slap to everyone at FFG for your impeccableA attention to quality. Now I'm off to perform some box surgery.


A Since your evaluation skills are in question: this is sarcasm.

[LotR: Confrontation Deluxe image by Purple]

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger ekted said...

Lol! I have nothing against the game itself. I just needed to vent. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home