Wednesday, June 28, 2006

20,000 Views!

When I started Gamer's Mind--originally called The Game Table--I wasn't sure what I wanted out of it. Did I want readership? Not really. It was simply an outlet for some thoughts and creative energy. I wanted something that was all mine, separate from the "common room" feeling of BGG.

Still, my inner geek must measure and quantify. So I added a hit counter (see the bottom of the page). Could this thing measure success? At that time, my favorite blog was Gone Gaming. It's still one of my favorites. They had 7 contributors, and I was just 1. So I said a good measure of my success would be to have 1 hit for every 7 of theirs.

Well, as of today, I have reached 20,000 hits on this blog. That represents a 6.4:1 ratio against the fine folks at Gone Gaming. But the numbers are meaningless. I am getting enjoyment from my posts, and I hope I have been tickling some lesser-used brain cells, and turning some gaming concepts inside-out.

I've got another big order ready to go in the next few weeks, so expect to hear more soon. Will Taj Mahal make the cut? Will ASL Starter Kit #1? Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, it's just me hitting Reload a lot.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger ekted said...

Hahaha! Big meanie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home