Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mission: Red Planet: The Insert

Mission: Red Planet has the only insert that I have ever discarded. I'm not sure what game it was made for. This game is much better suited for an Alhambra-sized box, or perhaps even smaller. So now you have a box with a bunch of stuff floating all around inside. Yuck:


This is especially bad for the boards since they are so tiny:


Step 1: create 4 rectangular cardboard tubes--2 long, and 2 shorter with flaps sticking out:


Arrange them into the box like so. Notice how the 2 ends with flaps make it so that none of these can move:


Step 2: cut triangular shapes into each side a half inch down, forming shelves. Note how everything still fits in the smaller space with room to burn:


The boards now fit onto these shelves and are flush with the top of the box. Very little movement is possible:


I'm on a roll. I may try to fix my copy of Euphrates & Tigris tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I don't know, Jim. Next you will be making tuckboxes for everything, and hand-carving player aids...

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger ekted said...

Nah. I don't like tuck boxes, and I've never used a player aid except for translations for foreign text. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home