Monday, July 23, 2007

Essen '07 Picks

Scanning this excellent GeekList, the following are my games of interest for this year's Essen games fair:

Amyitis: (Interest B) I love Caylus and Mykerinos, Ys is ok, and Yspahan is a flop. But I'm still interested in anything Ystari puts out.

Brass: (Interest A) Martin Wallace equals immediate interest.

Civitas Hamburgum: (Interest B) I love Antike, but dislike Imperial.

Die Suche nach dem Gral: (Interest B) I remember the original (Conspiracy) from college. I found the idea very cool. Will the remake have any changes?

Kingsburg: (Interest B) I've only seen the draft rules, but it sounds pretty good.

Municipium: (Interest B) Heavier Knizia equals immediate interest.

Roma II: (Interest B) The original is a good game, but degenerates too frequently. If this new version fixes the startup issues and wild card imbalances, I'm all over it.

Through the Ages: (Interest A) If the reprint has good quality, I'll buy it without even having the rules ahead of time. That's saying a lot.

Veritas: (Interest B) The description sounds cool, although the mechanisms by which you "spread your truth" are unclear.


Knowing what I like, have I missed anything interesting?

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple more worth checking out IMO-

-Cuba
-Patrician

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger ekted said...

Thanks! Cuba looks very interesting. Patrician, I'll have to wait until a little more is available.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home