Friday, November 10, 2006

Euphrates & Tigris: The Insert

This will be my last boardgame surgery for a while. I thought Euphrates & Tigris would be easier than the others, but the board is just small enough compared to the box that making a standard insert (with the risers on the short edges) would leave too little space for the contents:


So I opted to put thinner inserts along the long edges. Step 1: cut out a single rectangle of cardboard 11.25" x 23.5" and fold it like so:


This forms the complete insert, and looks like this in the box:


Step 2: cut the shelves and fold the other direction, leaving a 5/8" shelf that just fits the board:


Everything fits underneath, and there's a tiny bit of space above the board for the rules and player screens:

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Jim, I've enjoyed these and I've been impressed with how nice your inserts look. Where did you acquire the cardboard you've been using? Is it just posterboard?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger ekted said...

Yes, it's just plain old posterboard. I was a little disappointed how thin it was, but it seems to be working fine. I'm sure I could get thicker stuff from a craft store.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Gerald McD said...

You are ingenious. Your creativity amazes me. Are you an engineer or an artist? Either type might have created these inserts. Thanks for sharing the ideas, and with such excellent photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home